Tuesday, July 17, 2007

London!

I made it to London for my birthday!


After changing my mind at least six times (I want to be in London this year for my birthday, London is too much to see in just 24 hours, I really want to visit London since I'm so close, I'll save London for "next time" when I can spend more than just a day there, London is so special let's go visit since it's our last weekend, London is so busy let's go back to the Lake District instead so we can relax on our last weekend, it's my birthday and I want to spend it in London), on Saturday, July 14, 2007 I found myself lighting a candle for Jim in Westminster Abbey and cruising under the Tower Bridge on the Thames River, marveling that the Tower of London, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, and Shakespeare's Globe Theatre were right in front of my eyes.




After a three-hour train trip from Lancaster on Friday, we spun through London streets in a taxi to drop our bags at our hotel in Notting Hill, strolled through Embassy Row, Hyde Park, and the gardens at Kensington Palace, and then jumped on a city bus to the Marble Arch where we climbed aboard a double-decker tour bus to see more sights before sundown.

In our brief time in London, we were privileged to stand in amazement at the gates of Buckingham Palace, stroll through Trafalgar Square, and marvel at St. Paul's Cathedral.




London was a perfect punctuation to my trip abroad!

2 comments:

Blondie said...

I love love love all of these photos! And your tiny font comment in there reminds me so much of the way my brain works sometimes. :)

Yeah for your birthday and London. And I love it that you lit a candle for Jim on your special day!

Anonymous said...

London is such a wonderful magical place and I am so happy that you got to experience it. Made even better that it was your birthday.

Your pictures are wonderful and I am so happy that you shared them with us.